This journey prepares you for a data driven world. We have entered a new period of competition where data plays a central role and all professionals – from staff running day to day operations, support functions and senior executives need to be aware of the potential of data and to play their role in a digital business model.
This journey follows on from Data Driven Business I – Foundation by introducing basic data analytics and visualisation techniques and progresses to help you learn how to manage your data in an ortganisation.
The learning objectives are:
- Learn how to work with data including “Big Data”
- Apply a structured data analysis methodology
- Perform basic data visualisation and analytics
- Develop a data management strategy and plan
- Raise your awareness of ethics and risks associated with data
Status: In development, expected live mid-end April 2020
Estimated Time: 4 to 6 hours
Prerequisites: Data Driven Business I – Foundation (or equivalent)
Next steps: Data Driven Business III – Digital Business Strategy
Read this landmark article by Mark Andreessen in The Wall Street Journal of August 2011: Why Software is eating the world